We are proud to announce the 4th edition of our Science Popularization Contest, in partenership with Transition énergétique Québec (TEQ)open to graduate students : 3 minutes to change the world!
This edition will take place virtually in February 2021.
A SCIENCE POPULARIZATION CONTEST OPEN TO GRADUATE STUDENTS, IN EXCLUSIVITY WITH TRANSITION ÉNERGÉTIQUE QUÉBEC (TEQ)
This contest offers to the finalists:
- a chance to win one of the 3 prizes offered by Transition énergétique Québec totalling $3,000: 1st prize of $1,500, 2nd prize of $1,000 and 3rd prize of $500;
- a ticket for the 2021AQPER Annual Symposium;
- a unique opportunity to virtually present their research project to decision makers involved in Quebec’s energy transition;
- an opportunity to publicize their research project to the public.
The Contest final:
In a maximum of 3 minutes, each finalist will have to present their research project related to Quebec's energy transition:
- in French or English;
- using only a single slide for support (without animation, nor video).
- each presentation will be followed by a short question period;
- the final will be broadcast online;
- the winners will be selected by a jury.
To be eligible, candidates must:
- be able to express themselves clearly in French or English;
- present an original research project related to Quebec's energy transition;
- be registered as a full-time student in a graduate program for the Fall 2020 or Winter semester 2021 - postdoctoral students are not eligible;
- submit the application form by January 4 2021, 11:59 p.m.
By applying to the contest, candidates authorize AQPER:
- to use, for promotional purposes, any information or material provided as part of the selection process;
Selection process for the final:
- Students have until January 4, 2021 to submit their application form.
- Selected candidates for the semi-final will be contacted by email by January 18, 2021.
- Semi-finalists will be invited to provide a short video presentation by January 28, 2021 (details on the video content and format will be provided).
- Invitations for the final will be sent to the selected candidates by February 8, 2021.
- Finalists will have to provide a short biography (with picture) and a proof of full-time registration for the winter semester before February 18, 2021.
- The final will take virtually the week of February 22 2021. The final will be broadcast online.
Examples of topics related to the energy transition:
- new technical solutions for renewable energy (wind, solar, biomass, biogas, biofuels, hydro, geothermal, etc.);
- storage, energy management and efficiency;
- the challenges of the energy transition;
- study on the discourse on energy transition and climate change;
- barriers to involvement in the energy transition;
- the role of the media in the energy transition;